Reporting to our Founder and CEO, you will support the business by directing and fulfilling all internal financial functions, and office management responsibilities. You will work with our leadership team and consultants, to track and enhance company performance, through keen financial oversight. You will be a direct contact for our partners and suppliers, maintaining a rapport and strong working relationships on behalf of our team.
You’re a self starter with a head for the numbers, a passion to sweat the details, and a love for the fast pace and diverse challenges of a multi faceted small business. You’re ready to roll up your sleeves, and bring your experience, financial acumen, attention to detail, and practical skills to bear wherever you can help. You are seeking the commitment of a ‘prime time’ 3 day a week gig, that allows you the flexibility to balance your other current responsibilities. You share in our vision that Bikes Change Lives, and embody our values; to respect our roots, celebrate all riders, live the lifestyle and make a difference.
- You have a BA in accounting or business administration, or equivalent experience.
- You have 3+ years experience in a similar position, with retail business experience a plus.
- You’ve mastered QBO, and thrive in using technology and software to your advantage.
- You’re motivated while working independently, and an open, effective collaborator in a team.
- You are highly organized with a demonstrated attention to detail.
- Execute monthly accounting procedures, including reconcile Point of Sale system to QBO.
- Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, coding, and mathematical accuracy.
- Review store expenditures to ensure conformance to company policy, and follow-up as needed.
- Calculate, prepare, and issue bills, invoices, account statements, and other financial statements according to established procedures.
- Reconcile weekly cash deposits , bank and credit card statements
- Analyze and record common bank and credit card transactions, while monitoring bank accounts to ensure that payments are up to date.
- Leverage existing and new software to improve efficiencies in time reporting, project management and billing.
Inventory Accounting and Accounts Payable
- Record and manage Accounts Payable; balance and reconcile to open purchase orders.
- Work with internal store staff with purchase order discrepancies; pricing, quantities, etc.
- Process and prepare weekly check-run for accounts payable and other vendors.
- Communicate with vendors to work through any differences noted during accounting processes.
- Prepare and distribute the weekly scorecards used by the leadership team, and monthly internal financial statements that comply with company practices.
- Report performance of multiple stores individually and at a consolidated level.
- Implement and direct additional financial analysis projects and financial reporting activities.
- Work with outside CPA firm on tax reporting and filing.
Payroll + Benefits:
- Maintain support for payroll, compensation, bonus calculations, vacation accrual, etc.
- Run bi-weekly payroll for all team members across all locations and functions.
- Prepare bi-weekly reports for variances from budget to ensure accuracy of payroll.
- Oversee the company’s benefits, staff enrollment, plan renewals, etc.
- Provide administrative support as needed such as: responding to inquiries, scheduling meetings, calendar management, planning travel and other duties as assigned.
Ready to get things moving:
A career at roll: is a chance to use your head, your hands and your heart. To apply your knowledge and experience, and contribute meaningfully to the ride of peoples lives. What are you waiting for?
Please reply with resume and cover letter to Stuart@rollbicycles.com